Sep 28 2019
Fall 2019 Capsule Wardrobe!
As you guys know, I try the notion of a capsule wardrobe every season. When I do, I try to share it with you guys – my capsule posts are really popular! I'm a little disappointed in my continual shopping habit. It's much better than it was one year ago when I did my very first capsule, though. A major change has been while shopping, I pass on things that I know I won't wear (what a concept!) – I've really learned what looks best on me and what I'm comfortable in. So when I see an amazingly cute A-line dress, no matter how much I love it, I always pass. I know I won't wear it and that it just doesn't flatter me the way a maxi does.
I also think consciously about my goals for a piece. For instance, I recently bought a handmade pink wool duster that I intended to be a replacement for another sweater that I've owned and loved (but recently realized it's hard to wear and doesn't look that great). Said old sweater went out with the rest of my edits this season.
Lastly, I've not been *great* about avoiding shitty stores like Target or Uniqlo. I typically try to shop like an adult and spend more money on nicer things. I am lured by a great deal, though, and I haven't been able to eject this from my system just get. It's a goal.
With that, I present to you this fall's capsule!
– Animal Print Tank (Target)
– Crop tank (gift, by Topshop)
– Scuba Top (handmade by Joolee)
– Muscle tee in Lips print (from Nooworks)
– Striped tee (thrifted)
– Tiger graphic tee (found at G.Kero in Paris)
– Pink tee (by Mokuyobi)
– Circle dress in Robin Eisenburg cheetah print (by Nooworks)
– Tee dress in Amber Vittoria floral print (by Nooworks)
– Short sleeved sweater (gift!)
– Long sleeved cotton top with MY OWN FABRIC design, Peanuts!
Sweaters and cover ups
– Animal print cover up (vintage)
– Sheer white cover up (by Universal Standard)
– Wool duster (by Joolee)
– Mustard long cardigan (found at a boutique in Paris)
– Flannel (vintage)
– Yellow crop sweater (from Hazel in Chicago)
– Oversized striped turtleneck (Zara)
– Chicago sweatshirt (Alice & Wonder in Chicago)
– Slouchy peach sweater (Free People)
– Yellow blazer (Mango)
Dresses and jumpsuits
– Flannel animal print maxi (Lost Girls Vintage in Chicago)
– Sweatshirt dress in brown (Uniqlo)
–Coveralls in Micotti Cat (by Nooworks)
– Magic Suit in Yellow Maze (by Nooworks)
– Denim overalls (American Eagle)
– Plum long wool jacket (vintage, thrifted)
– Moto Jacket (BlankNYC from Nordstrom)
– Cheetah Jacket (Topshop)
– Faux suede trench (BlankNYC)
– Long skirt in peach (by Uniqlo)
– Striped linen pants (by Wulfka)
– Leggings in Amber Vittoria's floral print (by Nooworks)
– Animal print detailed straight leg jeans (by Madewell)
– Distressed BF jeans (Target)
– Black jeans (by Universal Standard)
– Moto booties (by Fergie)
– Platform sneakers (by Vans)
– Pink metallic slides (by Loeffler and Randall)
– Animal print booties (Target)
– Patent slides (Zara)
– Red suede slides (Nordstrom)
– White pointed toe slides (Bocage in Paris)
– Velvet sock booties (boohoo.com)
Want to try your own capsule wardrobe? Check out Un-Fancy.com for great tips!